Messenger – Features, Revolutionizes communication, Privacy & security
What is Messenger?
Messenger is a Facebook-owned messaging app. At first, the application inserted within the social network, offering additional services to users.
However, in 2014 a separation was made, dividing Messenger from Facebook despite being quite integrated.
It was possible to optimize its performance, making the service even faster and more efficient.
Several features have been added in recent years, including video calling, money transfers to your contacts, and extensive file sharing.
The first version of Messenger was launched in 2011 as a chat for Facebook subscribers, who could exchange confidential messages.
After the purchase of Whatsapp in February 2014, many thought that Mark Zuckerberg’s platform could abandon Messenger, but it did not.
Whatsapp has remained an independent reality for the moment, separate from the Facebook universe.
Messenger has been completely modernized and equipped with the latest generation technologies Since the end of 2015.
When introduced, the first novelties of the App were Messenger, which has become an advanced application.
Which permits you to send and receive messages, photos, and videos, play online, delete content, and much more
How Messenger revolutionizes the world of communication?
- Messaging apps today represent the preferred communication channel for people to interact with companies, thus revolutionizing the world of traditional communication.
- The data confirms it, and the trend is changing. According to a Facebook IQ study, people today are increasingly willing to spend time on instant messaging apps.
- It turns out that 78% of users who own a smartphone send at least one message a month through these Apps.
- 67% of people, on the other hand, say that the use of these Apps has grown in the last two years.
- And more than 50 % admit that messaging has replaced other forms of communication.
- Hence, Whatsapp and Messenger are preferred to Facebook. Instagram, on the other hand, is saved thanks to the introduction of Direct from Instagram.
- Today the results of this revolution can be attributed to the furniture.
- Smartphones and other mobile devices have forever changed how we communicate, connect and buy products and services.
- In the last year, we have witnessed a change of direction.
- People have increasingly approached communication with the Brand through instant messages, moving away from traditional company-consumer communication methods.
- Even the Apps have changed to be in line with this new trend; think of Instagram, which has added chat and video calls.
- Thus it gains a third-place after Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger as the most used App.
Facebook connects Instagram and Messenger chats
- Facebook has taken another step to unite chats with Messenger and Instagram.
- Few users of the latter social network have received an application (for both Android and iOs) warning of a “new method of sending messages.”
- Essentially, new messaging system features are on the way. First: a unique look that is more colorful and rich in emojis.
- Message bubbles change from blue to purple as you scroll through the conversation.
- Second, and more importantly, Instagram now lets you connect and chat with friends who use Facebook.
- As The Verge pointed out, some users have noticed that they replaced the direct message icon with the Facebook Messenger logo after Instagram’s last update.
- However, the replacement is not yet possible.
- One of the new features Direct Message has received from Instagram is assigning a reaction to the message, just like in Messenger.
- Besides, you can reply to a post directly by selecting it. The user interface has changed from the classic Instagram view.
- Menlo Park’s announcement of chats’ integration is a step towards an inter-social messaging system.
- It can connect Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp users regardless of their platform.
Features that will soon be available for the new Messenger experience on Instagram
Communicate between apps
- Connect seamlessly with friends and family on Instagram and Messenger by sending messages and joining video calls with both apps.
- Enjoy viewing videos on Facebook Watch, IGTV, Reels (coming soon!), Movies, TV Shows, and more with your friends and family during a video call.
- Select how the displayed messages will disappear after being viewed or close the conversation.
- Create a sequence of boomerang stickers with your selfie to use in the chat.
- Personalize your chats with cool color gradients.
Personalized Emoji Reactions
- Combine your favorite emojis to reply to messages from friends quickly.
- It readily shares excellent content with up to five friends or groups.
- It replies directly to a specific message in your chat and continues the conversation.
Animated message effects
- Add a visual touch to your message with animated broadcast effects.
- Decide who can notify you directly and who cannot notify you at all.
Improved reporting and blocking updates
- In addition to individual messages on Instagram, you can now report entire conversations and receive proactive blocking suggestions for Instagram and Messenger when you add your accounts to the new Account Center.
Privacy and security
- With this new update, you have the choice and control to manage your privacy, including whether or not to receive message requests in your discussion list.
- They provide tools to help users report suspicious activity, block someone in apps, and stop unwanted messages and calls when something goes wrong.
- Progressing out these new features on Instagram and Messenger in some countries worldwide will soon expand them globally.
- It is just the beginning, so that you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family in these apps.
- We look forward to evening more fun ways to connect in the future.
5 Best Affordable SkullCandy Headphones of 2021
5 Best Affordable SkullCandy Headphones of 2021 – Get the most designer and flashy high-quality SkullCandy headphones for making your…
Document360 for Effortless Knowledge Management in your Organization
Document360 for Effortless Knowledge Management in your Organization – Remember the days when our mothers used to make birthday cakes…