Jumbo App – Functionalities, Jumbo raises $8 million and releases major update
Jumbo App is a mobile application accessible on iOS and Android that helps you protect your online privacy and security.
While using the Jumbo App, you ask it to make changes to your privacy settings or personal data.
It is what we call the “processing of your information.”
Once you open the Jumbo App for the first time, you will see a pop-up revealing a linkage to this privacy plan.
Functionalities of Jumbo
- The Jumbo App never changes anything in your accounts without your prior authorization.
- Consequently, we are only processing your data because you have consented to it or because we are performing a service you have requested from us.
Subscription to a Jumbo Plan
- If you subscribe to a Jumbo Plan, Jumbo Plus, or Jumbo Pro, your payment may be handled by Google, Apple, or Stripe.
- Depending on factors such as your phone’s model, the plan you choose, the country in which you are living, the features are made available to you.
- We provide these companies access to the data required to process the payment for a Jumbo subscription.
- We may store your data and these payment providers as required by tax regulations and payment network requirements (e.g., visa, MasterCard, etc.)
Privacy assistant Jumbo raises $8 million and releases major update ProWellTech
- One year after its first release, Jumbo has two vital pieces of news to announce. First, the company released.
- Update of the app that protects your privacy with online services. Second, the company has completed an $ 8 million Series round of financing.
- If you are not familiar with Jumbo, the app wants to fix the problems associated with online privacy today.
- Due to the recent regulatory changes, it is now possible to change the privacy settings for many services.
Controls your privacy on the web
- If you’ve tried adjusting your privacy settings on Facebook or LinkedIn, you know that it’s a complicated process with lots of submenus and non-descriptive text.
- Likewise, social networks have been around for more than a decade.
- You enjoyed sharing photos and public messages with a small group of friends ten years ago.
- You may not want to share this content with hundreds or even thousands of “friends” today.
- The result is an iPhone and Android App with which you are responsible for your privacy.
- It is essentially a dashboard that you can use to control your privacy on the web. You first connect the app to various online services and can then prevent them via Jumbo.
- For example, suppose you connect your Facebook account. In that case, you can remove your profile from advertising lists, delete previous searches, change the visibility of posts where you are tagged, and much more.
- With Google, you can clear your history across multiple services – web search, Chrome history, YouTube search, Google map activity, location history, etc.
- The fact Jumbo questions that everything should stay online forever. Conversations you made six months ago may not be relevant today. Why can’t you delete these conversations?
- With Jumbo, you can delete and archive old tweets, messenger conversations, and old Facebook posts.
- The app can scan your accounts regularly and delete anything older than a certain threshold – it can be a month, a year, or whatever you want.
Jumbo archives everything in a tab called Vault
- With today’s update, everything has been superior. The main tab has been redesigned to let you know what Jumbo has done in the past week.
- The company now uses background notifications to perform some tasks even if you don’t start the app every day.
- Monitoring of data breaches has been better.
- Jumbo is now using SpyCloud to tell you precisely what has leaked in the event of a data breach – your phone number, your email address, your password, your address, etc.
- With simple buttons and recommendations that you can accept or ignore, it’s also much easier to understand how you can change for each service.
Clear business model
- Jumbo’s basic features are free, but you need to purchase a subscription to access the advanced features.
- Jumbo Plus allows you to scan and archive your Instagram account, delete your Alexa voice recordings, manage your Reddit and Dropbox accounts, and track more than one email address for data breaches.
- And also, Jumbo Pro lets you manage your LinkedIn account (and you know LinkedIn’s privacy settings are a mess).
- You can also use the data breach feature to track more information: ID, credit card number, and social security number. You can also use it to activate a tracker blocker.
- This new feature in the second version of Jumbo replaces the phone’s default DNS settings. All DNS requests are forwarded to the phone through a network profile managed by Jumbo.
- If you try to access a tracker, the request will be blocked. If you try to access legitimate content, you will accept the bid. Works in browsers and native apps.
Profitable by 2022
- Jumbo has closed an $ 8 million funding round. The company had previously completed a $ 3.5 million startup round.
- This time Balderton Capital is at the forefront. The company had already invested in Valade’s previous startup, Sunrise.
- Many business angels also participated in the round, and Jumbo lists them all on its website. The point here is to be transparent again.
- Interestingly, Jumbo doesn’t rely on explosive growth and eyeballs. The company says it will have sufficient funds by February 2022.
- Meanwhile, the startup hopes to attract 100,000 subscribers for profitability.
Also Read: More Helpful Resources on TheDigitalTrendz
Exciting Ways Tech is Helping Us Make & Save More Money
Exciting Ways Tech is Helping Us Make & Save More Money – Technology is changing so much in our lives. From…
4 Things Chiropractors Should Look For When Choosing Billing Software
Things Chiropractors Should Look For – If you’re planning to open a new chiropractic office or want to improve your billing…