Hundreds of Spanish SMEs and entrepreneurs have participated in Prime Day 2017. For the first time, Amazon Prime customers from Madrid, Barcelona and surroundings have enjoyed their Prime Day purchases in one or two hours, thanks to the offers available through Prime Now, Amazon’s ultra-fast delivery service. Fastest delivery remained made in 21 minutes in Madrid – Amazon Prime customers enjoyed the most prominent global sales event in Amazon history
07/12/2017 | Madrid
Prime Day 2017 has been the day of more sales on Amazon.com. Amazon Prime customers bought more items than on Black Friday 2016, all in one day of exclusive deals for Amazon Prime customers.
“Amazon Prime customers at Amazon.com have enjoyed a global celebration with the best deals ever. We want to thank our customers for choosing us once again to do their summer shopping and make Prime Day the best-selling day ever on Amazon.com,” said François Nuyts, Country Manager for Amazon.com and Amazon. Item. “Yesterday’s event featured thousands of incredible offers, including offers from SMEs and entrepreneurs who sell their products on Amazon. We are looking forward to continuing the Prime Day tradition next year.”
Also read: Gameplays with your Mobile so you can Record and Upload them
Some Facts About Prime Day on Amazon.com
- The third edition of Prime Day was the best-selling day on Amazon.com, with more units sold than Black Friday 2016.
- Amazon’s best-selling device on Amazon.com was the Kindle Paperwhite E-reader.
- Other Amazon best-selling sale items, excluding Amazon devices, included: SanDisk USB and Memory Card, Moto G5th Gen Smartphone, Lenovo Ideapad 310 Laptop, Garmin Edge 1000 Bike GPS, and Dodot Sensitive Diapers.
- The fastest prime delivery made during Prime Day 2017 in Spain was to an Amazon Prime customer in Madrid, who bought a Smartwatch. The order remained delivered in 21 minutes.
- Among the best-selling Prime Day deals on Prime Now in Madrid and Barcelona are SanDisk memory cards and washing machine and dishwasher detergents such as Somat, Dixon or Wipp Express.
- Gamers bought tens of thousands of video games and consoles.
- Amazon Prime customers bought more than 15,000 headphones during Prime Day 2017.
- Amazon Prime customers bought more than 64,000 items from the toy store.
- Photography lovers visited Amazon.com on Prime Day and bought 76% more cameras and photographic accessories than last year.
- Cooks bought nearly twice as many kitchen items on Prime Day 2017 as the previous event.
- The most athletic Amazon Prime customers bought thousands of wearable devices to track activity.
SMEs and Entrepreneurs Featured in Prime Day 2017
The third edition of Prime Day was another success and sales record for SMEs and entrepreneurs worldwide who have participated in this event. These are some opinions of Spanish SMEs that have participated in this edition of Prime Day:
- Petronela Socol, in charge of the sales department of My Descanso, an SME specialized in the sale of mattresses, comments that: “It is the first time that we participate in Prime Day. We wanted to make ourselves known to Amazon Prime customers, and we have done very well. We are delighted. I am already thinking about participating in Black Friday and the next Prime Day because it helps us become known and have visibility for the customer.
- Gabriel Biruk, head of the sales and E-commerce department of Barnes Europe SL, SMEs dedicated to the sale of tea and coffee: ” Participation in the 2017 edition of Prime Day has far exceeded our expectations. It has helped us communicate our offers, and the results have been the best. We hope to repeat the experience in the future”.
- Xavi Martinez Valle, CEO of Due-Home, an SME dedicated to commercializing decoration products, highlights the importance of these events. “We are delighted to participate again in Prime Day, and we are selling all our offers even at a better rate than last year. Without a doubt, Prime Day for us is an opportunity to reach new customers.”
- Alfredo Elejalde, manager of Lamps & Funs, comments that: “Amazon’s ability to boost our sales is impressive. In one day, we have been able to sell what remains normally sold in a whole month. And a pleasant surprise is that the customer is not necessarily looking for a lower price but the best value for money. Of the three products we promoted, the best seller was a high-end ceiling fan”.
Amazon Prime Customers Enjoyed the Largest Global Deal Event in Amazon History
In a day of incredible exclusive offers for Amazon Prime customers, sales on July 11 surpassed those of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, making it the most important sales day in Amazon history. With hundreds of thousands of offers, this edition of Prime Day was too big to take place in 24 hours so that Amazon Prime customers could enjoy their offers for 30 hours. Prime Day 2017 grew more than 60% compared to the same 30 hours last year, and the growth registered in the sales of SMEs and entrepreneurs was even higher. On July 11, moreover, more customers joined Amazon Prime than on any other day in Amazon history. Tens of millions of Amazon Prime customers purchased on Prime Day 2017, more than 50% more than last year.
“To customers who have tried Amazon Prime for the first time, and to long-time subscribers, thank you for this wonderful Prime Day,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon Prime. “Our teams around the world will continue to work to add more benefits to the Amazon Prime program to make your life better every day. We are already planning a new Prime Day for next year”.
Top Sellers Worldwide, Excluding Amazon Devices, Include:
- USA: Instant Pot DUO80 7-in-1 Multi-Purpose Programmable Pressure Cooker; 23andMe Health + Ancestry DNA Test.
- UK: TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug (Works with Alexa); Playstation 4.
- Spain: SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive; Moto G5th Generation Smartphone; Lenovo Ideapad 310 computer.
- Mexico: Certified USB cable for Appel products from Amazon Basics; Nintendo Switch.
- Japan: SAVAS Whey Proteins; Bottles of Happy Belly mineral water.
- Italy: Finish All in One Max Pickups; Vergnano 1882 Espresso coffee capsules for the machine.
- India: OnePlus 5 Smartphone; Seagate Expansion 1.5TB external hard drive.
- Germany and Austria: Subscription to PlayStation Plus; Soda Stream.
- France and Belgium: Subscription to PlayStation Plus; the complete six seasons of ‘Game of Thrones on Blu-Ray.
- China: Seahorses Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow; Book pack “A brief history of humankind” + “A brief history of tomorrow”.
- Canada: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Purpose 8 Quart Programmable Pressure Cooker; Pack of 8 rechargeable AA batteries from Amazon Basics.
Some Global Facts About Prime Day 2017
- A record number of Amazon Prime customers bought during Prime Day in the 13 countries where this event remained held.
- Amazon Prime customers bought more than 3.5 million toys around the world during Prime Day 2017.
- Tens of millions of customers used the Amazon shopping app during Prime Day 2017. Amazon Prime customers placed more than twice as many orders through the Amazon shopping app as the previous year.
Also read:Apple best app games – Best Apple product in 2018 isn’t a simple mission
5 Best Affordable SkullCandy Headphones of 2021
5 Best Affordable SkullCandy Headphones of 2021 – Get the most designer and flashy high-quality SkullCandy headphones for making your…
Document360 for Effortless Knowledge Management in your Organization
Document360 for Effortless Knowledge Management in your Organization – Remember the days when our mothers used to make birthday cakes…