Mad Box specializes in mobile arcade games. It was formed by the merger of two small game studios. Its first game was the Dash Valley arcade game.
Mad Box has been around since 2018. Now, with the investment received, the startup wants to try a new genre.
For example, in hyper-casual, including the idle segment. Also, the developer plans to open a second office in Barcelona.
She then released several more casual titles, including tick-Man Hook and Sausage Flip. Some of them have made it into the US top 10 mobile games.
In total, all games from the Mad box portfolio generated 100 million downloads.
Mobile games startup Mad Box raised $ 16.5 million
- French startup Mad Box has raised $ 16.5 million in Series A funding from Alven.
- The company specializes in mobile game development and deals with everything from start to finish, from game design to game release and user acquisition.
Mad Box is a new player in mobile gaming
- The firm was formed in July 2018 through the merger of two tiny Parisian game studios. A couple of months after that, the startup released its first game, Dash Valley.
- And soon, the game entered the top 50 most popular games in the United States, downloaded for free from the App Store.
- Since then, the company has released several more games. After a while, Mad Box hit the top ten US hits (again, these were free downloadable games) – StickMan Hook, Sausage Flip, and Idle Ball Race.
- Overall, Mad Box games have been downloaded by 100 million users.
- “The key to Mad Box’s success is that we implement everything, ” says co-founder and CEO Jean-Nicolas Vernin.
- “After all, we strive to automate as many processes as possible.”
- Besides reusing resources from one game to another, It also tries to apply the same method to acquiring and marketing users.
- “People often tell us that our company has a disproportionately strong database, ” Vernon said.
- It is very cautious about business development. The company is in no hurry to hire new employees and does not release dozens of games a year.
- Today the company is profitable with 30-40 employees and a business model based mainly on advertising.
- Mad Box now wants to cover a broader range of mobile games, from hyper-casual games to idle games to less casual games. The startup is also setting up a second office in Barcelona.
- “We are a community of friends who have worked for well-known casual game studios.
- And we all believe that to get more people to participate in games, it is necessary to simplify large-scale game projects so that people can play them as casual games, or on the contrary, deploy casual games, “said Vernon.
- And Mad Box wants to be where these two worlds meet.
Mad Box Games Sites
- When you browse the Mad Box Games sites, your computer’s operating system, IP address, access time, browser type, and language, as well as the addresses of referring sites, may be automatically recorded.
- They may use this information to monitor, develop and analyze your use of the Service.
- Besides, we may ask you to send, and we may process personal data for you, including but not limited to your name, profile photo, gender, age or date of birth, links to your profiles on social networking websites, and other third parties sites.
- E-mail usernames and postal addresses may use this information to create a user profile and provide services.
- E-mail address to interact with you about your experience with the Mad Box gaming sites and keep you informed of company news and promotions.
- Your gender and date of birth can be used to analyze user trends and target specific promotions.
- We can use your e-mail address if we have products or other promotional materials to send you.
- If you no lengthier wish to receive such promotional materials, you can opt-out of receiving them by e-mail at any time.
The mini-jack on smartphones: how to listen to your music?
Since the issue of the iPhone 7 in 2016. The mini-jack port takes completely deserted the smartphones and tablets of…