What is Postmates?
Postmates is an American food delivery service providing Company founded in 2011 by Bastian Lehmann in an elementary term.
It is an on-demand food and goods delivery service that enables customers to order anything they want related to food and personal items.
Moreover, it will deliver the goods such as groceries and restaurant meals to the client’s home in less than an hour.
Being an American Company has made its presence a goods delivery platform in more than 100 metropolitan areas in the USA.
It enables people to get anything from local stores delivered to their doorstep for a small fee.
The business model of Postmates is often said to be similar to Uber, but instead of taxis, Postmates enables a customer to get goods from local stores.
However, it delivers goods with the help of their human courier networks, allowing them to order anything from anywhere within the city.
Like Uber drivers, Postmates couriers get order notifications on their mobile devices, and the Company uses GPS to match demand and supply in the shortest possible time.
Basically, Postmates’ unique business model has fetched a good amount of funding from investors and has helped the Company acquire a large customer base. Just like trello gold vs business.
It was launched in the year 2011, and in a short period of 4 years, it has come out as a huge success.
However, it has got official tie-ups with Apple, Mcdonalds, Starbucks, Walgreens, Chipotle, and many other well-known companies.
Characteristics of Postmates
- Postmates allows people to order anything from anywhere within the city.
- The order gets delivered to the customer’s home within an hour.
- Services are available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
- Customers have the option to track their order once the order is placed.
- It charges a minimal amount of delivery based on the distance covered from pick up point and drops off point.
How Postmates business model works?
- The working process of Postmates is straightforward and understating. It’s not much rocket science.
- Instead, you can easily understand how they work and deliver you quality services. Let’s have a look at the process given below:
1. Browse stores and products
- The first step of Postmates Company is that it tries to put every store in its list through which they can create demands from the customers.
- With their smartphones, customers can browse the stores and order from Postmates application or website.
2. Payment mode
- After the order has been placed, now the time is to pay for it. The customer will only receive the order once he has paid for it online.
- The price includes the delivery fee plus the service fee to place the order.
- As soon as Postmates receive the payment, the nearest service provider gets a notification about the product purchased and the delivery address.
- Postmates delivers the product within one hour, and all the Postmates use either car or bike to deliver the order.
4. Tracking & Receiving order
- The Postmates business model’s last process is to track the customer’s exact location and safely deliver the product.
- Postmate also has an option to send a text to customers in case of delays.
5. Rate and Tip
- So this process is up to customers whether they want to rate or tip for Postmates or not. The customers do get an option to rate and list the Postmate.
- And it’s important to know that the Company doesn’t take a single penny tip given to a Postmate.
The final words!
- Postmates is an excellent food delivery service providing Company, and that’s why it has become a widely known successful leading company in the USA.
- It is just like the Uber app that gets its order on mobile, and customers can track their order with GPS trackers’ help.
- Through this article, I explained what Postmates is and how it works. So if you want to avail of the services of Postmates, you can download the app and enjoy the fast-delivering benefits.
- For more informative articles, get in touch with us; till then, keep reading.
Also Read: Social Club App – Instagram clone for pot, gets booted from the App Store