Formspring helps people learn more about each other by exchanging interesting and personal answers.
Start by asking people original questions directly to get their funny or insightful answers.
The answers can range from simple to surprising and lead you to understand and learn more about other people.
Steps with Formspring
- If I’ve intrigued you, go to the Formspring main page and give it a try.
- You can test the answers to the questions to see what they look like on the website or sign up for an account by clicking Friends and finding them.
- Unless you’re creating a new account from scratch, you can sign in with your Facebook credentials.
- Once set up, you can find your friends on other social networks that you belong to.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace are supported as well as Gmail and Yahoo.
- Then fill in your profile information and customize it to suit your needs.
- If you have a Twitter account, you’ll find that Formspring’s profile settings are pretty similar.
- You can fill out a bio, position, website, etc.
- One setting that I find interesting is the “What would you like to be interviewed about?” and “Ask me something” is displayed by default.
- It is excellent if you want to be utterly open to inquiries.
- However, a more detailed presentation is an excellent opportunity to stand out as an expert in a particular field as you take on questions in your area of expertise.
- What you enter here depends entirely on what your goal is to use the website.
iPhone app on the App Store
- Formspring, the typical social network with over 26 million users, today launched its free iPhone app on the App Store.
- It allows to ask and answer questions as usual and has the option to post a picture instead of a question or answer.
- Formspring was launched in November 2009 to give users the ability to send each other personalized questions and answers.
- Questions can also be asked anonymously, although the website offers settings to block such questions for those who feel uncomfortable.
- Answered questions are present on users’ public profile pages. A stream of activity brings them questions that are asked and answered by the people they follow.
Also Read: WordPress blog – It automatically turns blog posts into tweet stormsAlso Read: More Helpful Resources on
Process of answering questions
- After designing your profile, all you have to do is ask and answer questions. Click the Questions tab to place it on the page.
- If someone asks you a question, it will be displayed.
- If you don’t have questions to answer which is not uncommon with a new profile, post a link to your social networks like Twitter and Facebook.
- Just select the networks you want to send the message to and hit Send Ad.
- Or, if you want, you can answer a few pre-built questions to make things work.
- Just click the link “Or we have some questions for you!” And some questions will appear.
- As we said, you can reply to as many as you want, and they will appear on your profile for everyone to see.
- You can delete questions by clicking Delete. If you think it is needed, you can click Block to prevent a particular user from asking you questions.
- Every time you answer a question, you have an equal chance of posting your answer on your social networks.
- It helps bring people back to your profile page for engagement opportunities.
- You can allow anonymous questions and even protect your account and control who follows you if you so choose.
- Formspring also offers integration with blogging platforms like Tumblr, WordPress, and Blogger.
- Formspring in a nutshell, it is fascinating how this social network has captured and continues to reach impressive numbers.
- The best thing they could do was integrate the service with Facebook and Twitter, as I’m sure that’s where most users hear about the service.
- I suggest you take a look, as it can be an exciting tool to add to your arsenal as we continue to shape our public images online.
Also Read: More Helpful Resources on TheBusinessGuardians